Typically I don’t blog much about my life outside of healthy recipes & such but I thought I would start a new section of my blog for my love of holidays! It is an obsession & actually probably an addiction, ha ha, I love it.
I may be just a little bit out of control when it comes to holidays with my kiddies, but I just can’t help myself.
Campbell my 2 year old has finally conquered potty training so we are celebrating extra! So, Ribbons, our Elf on the Shelf showed up!
Tomorrow we will start the day off with heart shaped pancakes with heart shaped strawberries. For lunch it is our tradition to have heart shaped grilled cheeses (made with coconut oil!). Campbell has dance class tomorrow & she could not NOT bring Valentine’s for the other girls. Hopefully she won’t throw a fit & actually give them away. We plan to practice this tomorrow.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Valentine’s Day! If you’re following me on instagram (@kristadol) you will be in for a photo bombing sensation tomorrow!
• 2 large chicken breasts
• Rice Chex (these are the only questionable ingredient, with a little sugar in them)
• Sea Salt & Pepper
• Dried Oregano
• Garlic Powder
• Onion Powder
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips & sprinkle strips with sea salt & pepper
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees & spray pan with 100% olive oil spray
3. Crush (about 2 cups) Rice Chex on a large plate. Add sea salt, paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder & onion powder (I like a lot of seasoning, but add as much or little as you like)
4. Dip chicken strips into the crushed Chex & seasoning mix, coat & put directly onto olive oiled pan
5. Bake for about 17 minutes (180 degrees internal temp is perfect)
I dipped them into Frank’s Hot Sauce & they were so yummy!